We are seeking a professional, well-presented, and friendly Groundsman to perform a range of maintenance services related to the upkeep of Burnie Brae grounds and buildings across our Chermside site.
As our Groundsman, you will need to work collaboratively and positively with Burnie Brae employees, volunteers, and members to ensure work orders and service requirements are fulfilled safely, professionally, and achieve the desired outcome. Your main duties will include:
- Mowing and landscaping of our lawn, trees, and gardens
- General repairs, maintenance and cleaning of grounds and buildings
- Assisting with the set-up of on-site events and member activities
- General handyman duties as directed
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Experience in the handyman, home maintenance and/or landscaping trade
- Trade certificate or background will be advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative, judgement, and discretion in the performance of duties
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements and practices
- Empathetic and friendly demeanour
- Organisation and time management skills, with a quality conscience
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and client centred community services organisation that is passionate about creating a “socially connected and healthy community”. Burnie Brae is a leading provider of innovative and client centred support services to the aged care and disability sector in the Brisbane North region. We provide attractive salary packaging and have a café and gymnasium on site.
Please click on role description for further details about this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your applications via the apply now button, including an Application for Employment, Resume and a Cover Letter detailing why you are the best person for this role.