Burnie Brae Home Maintenance Service provides subsidised assistance for essential maintenance and repairs for eligible clients who are 60 years and older or younger people with a disability who are living in their own home. For eligible clients, work is undertaken by Burnie Brae staff or approved contractors.
Type of Assistance
Work is assessed on whether it affects your health, safety or security. It may include:
- Repairs to sticking Windows & Doors
- Installation of security doors, deadlocks and grills
- Installation of smoke alarms
- Installation of rails to bathroom, toilet or steps
- Repairs to uneven paths or steps
- Small ramps and door wedges
- Clearing / repairs to blocked sewer, burst water pipe, or leaking toilet / taps
- Replacement of faulty light switch or power point and installation of Safety switch / Sensor light
- Repairs to fridges, stoves, washing machines
Home Security Service
This is a service for the community and members, providing FREE information and assessment of Home Safety and Security. An assessment will be carried out by a staff member who is trained to identify potential risks and recommend solutions.