RESPITE BUS AND CENTRE ASSISTANT
The Respite Centre provides a social environment for seniors to connect with friends, enjoy a variety of activities and entertainment, both in the Centre and out in the local community.
Your role as a Volunteer Respite bus and Centre Assistant:
- Assist Centre staff and Drivers to greet participants of the Centre and ensure their comfort and safety during their journey to the Centre and enhance their participation in the activities of the day.
- Whilst travelling on Burnie Brae transport, you will be required to assist the Driver in his role to transport multiple participants from home to the centre and back.
- Whilst at the Centre, you will be required to assist participants with morning tea & lunch and to enhance their enjoyment of their chosen activities each day.
- All aspects of this role require a high level of verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous similar experience would be advantageous