View below some key changes in line with Burnie Brae’s CovidSafe Plan, as well as some general information about how Burnie Brae has supported members and clients since the onset of COVID-19:
Burnie Brae continues to provide care services to the community, with additional precautions taken for the protection of our clients:
- Accessing the community: community transport; travel to medical appointments; shopping assistance – list shopping is preferred for your safety and masks should be worn while in our vehicles
- Help in your home: home visits & support; domestic assistance; personal care; household maintenance; nursing support – PPE at the appropriate level will be worn by staff
- Home Care Packages – Of utmost importance is that you are kept safe to continue living independently at home and not put at unnecessary risk, in addition to you still being able to receive the services that you are entitled to within your Home Care Package. In order to do the above, your service may be impacted by a temporary reduction of the time of some services and/or reduction of the number of high-risk areas that our staff travel to. Additionally, PPE at the appropriate level will be worn by staff.
The Burnie Brae Day Respite Centre is open. Additionally, clients have the option to participate in Club Respite online, from their own homes.
Over the last two years, during times when Club Respite was temporarily closed, we were in contact with each and every one of our clients and their carers to offer in-home social support services or to discuss other ways of supporting them through the COVID-19 pandemic. A rollout of pre-configured tablets and a fully online program was provided to clients during that time, enabling much-needed connection.
Burnie Brae Activities
See this link to view the current Burnie Brae activity timetable. We value your patience and understanding when changes occur due to the current COVID-19 outbreak situation.
Each activity has been assessed by our health and safety team and the following additional precautions are in place:
- Participants need to check into their activities, as well as check into Burnie Brae using the ‘Check in Qld’ app
- Masks are required in the Centre, under Queensland Health Directives.
Please swipe your Member card and make selections yourself when signing into your activity at the terminal. We have implemented a cleaning regime for the screens in line with our COVIDSafe plan.
- See our events page for more details.
- Attendees for bus trips and ticketed events will need to be fully vaccinated to attend (as per Queensland Health directives).
Healthy Connections Clinic
Remedial Massage services available – click here.
The clinics are open for member sessions, group sessions and one-on-one appointments. To ensure the safety of our members the following extra precautions are in place:
- Pre-screening and signing in is required prior to each session
- Session durations to allow adequate time for cleaning between sessions
- Additional cleaning regimes have been implemented
- You are required to bring your own water bottle and towel
- Masks are required, as per current Queensland Health directives.
Dining in at Café Connect is open.
Those dining in need to show they are fully vaccinated, as per Queensland Health directives.
Café Connect will continue to offer takeaway meals also.
The Hairdressing Salon at 60 Kuran Street has remained open. We have taken a number of steps to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our clients and staff, such as a pre-screening process, limiting salon numbers, and using extra cleaning measures in accordance with advice from the Health Department.
Our helpful Travel Connections staff are available for appointments at 60 Kuran St, Chermside. Feel free to contact them via phone on 07 3624 2191 and email at email@example.com
If you have any symptoms, please follow the QLD Health directives located here.
See how Burnie Brae has been supporting seniors through COVID-19, in this article from Leading Aged Services Australia: Click here
At Burnie Brae, member safety comes first and we want you to be confident in the measures we have taken and are taking to ensure your safety, including a comprehensive COVIDsafe plan. Our team has worked diligently and has taken the time to evaluate each service, to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community.
Thank you for your support as we work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for our community. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.