View below changes in line with our CovidSafe Plan:
Burnie Brae continues to provide the following services (with additional precautions taken for the protection of our clients):
- Accessing the community: community transport; travel to medical appointments; shopping assistance (list shopping preferred for your safety)
- Help in your home: home visits & support; domestic assistance; personal care; household maintenance; nursing support
- Home Care Packages
- NDIS: Support Coordination and Allied Health
Project Pantry Food Support Program
Hampers are available for collection at 60 Kuran St.
Eligible recipients can call to order their monthly hamper on 07 3624 2121 during office hours, 8am – 3pm. If the line is unavailable, please leave a message and we will return your call.
Day Respite Centre
The Burnie Brae Day Respite Centre is open.
During the times we have been temporarily closed, we were in contact with each and every one of our clients and their carers to offer in-home social support services or to discuss other ways of supporting them through the COVID-19 pandemic. A rollout of pre-configured tablets and a fully online program was provided to clients during that time, enabling much-needed connection.
Hear Better Hearing Clinic
- Call clinic on 3878 8303 for assistance
Burnie Brae Activities
After a break earlier in 2020, and at other times during lockdowns, the majority of our Burnie Brae Centre activities have now resumed, see here. Each activity has been assessed by our health and safety team and has been/will be opened at the appropriate time.
- Temperature checks are no longer compulsory on arrival at the Centre, but participants need to check into their activities.
- Communal food, including tea and coffee, is unavailable under COVIDSafe planning
- Masks need to be worn where and when necessary
Please swipe your Member card and make selections yourself when signing into your activity at the terminal. We have implemented a cleaning regime for the screens in line with our COVIDSafe plan.
You will be given wipes to clean your own chair/table at the end of each activity (if applicable). Food or drinks need to be consumed while seated, and there will be no public water fountains or communal food/drinks.
We will be in contact regularly with you to advise of any updates as they come.
Click here to view the activities available at Fitzgibbon Community Centre.
- The Burnie Brae Centre library is open to borrowing, with some special measures in place.
Healthy Connections Clinic
Remedial Massage services available – click here.
Clinic is open for member sessions. To ensure the safety of our members the following extra precautions will be put in place:
• Pre-screening is required prior to each session; this will involve symptom checking.
• Session duration adjusted to allow adequate time for cleaning between sessions.
• Program cards and clipboards will be organised prior to your arrival and will be handed to you once you have entered the clinic.
• Extra staff will be onsite to sanitise equipment and surfaces throughout the session.
• You are required to bring your own water bottle and towel.
•Masks may be required, dependent on Qld Government health directives
Dining in at Café Connect is open. Café Connect will continue to offer takeaway meals also. You may remove your mask while seated for dining in (dependent on Qld Government health directives at the time).
The Hairdressing Salon at 60 Kuran Street has remained open. We have taken a number of steps to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our clients and staff, such as a pre-screening process, limiting salon numbers, and using extra cleaning measures in accordance with advice from the Health Department.
Our helpful Travel Connections staff are available for appointments at 60 Kuran St, Chermside. Feel free to contact them via phone on 07 3624 2191 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not visit the centre if you have flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat. We recommend anyone with flu-like symptoms to seek immediate medical advice. We also ask you to stay away if you have recently returned from overseas or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
At Burnie Brae, member safety comes first and we want you to be confident in the measures we have taken and are taking to ensure your safety, including a comprehensive COVIDsafe plan. Our team has worked diligently and has taken the time to evaluate each service, to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community.
Thank you for your support as we work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for our community. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
The Australian Health Department has released a helpful fact sheet specifically for older Australians, about COVID-19, CLICK HERE.
Keep an eye on THEIR WEBSITE for updates.