Burnie Brae’s Home Assist Secure service can help people aged 60 years and over, or people of any age with a disability, who can’t undertake or pay for critical home maintenance without assistance.
We aim to provide safety-related information, referrals and subsidised assistance to help you to remain in your own home for as long as possible.
Types of services available:
- Free information and referrals about home maintenance, repairs and modifications, falls prevention and home security; including referral to reputable tradespersons and other relevant community services.
- Subsidised assistance for minor modification and critical maintenance work that is necessary, for health, safety and security reasons, enabling you to remain living safely in your own home. Non-essential work (beautification) cannot be subsidised through Home Assist Secure.
- Subsidised assistance with lawn mowing based on your safety and security needs; some limits may apply
Eligibility for the Home Assist Secure Subsidy
To be eligible to access subsidised assistance through the Home Assist Secure Program you will need to be:
- Aged 60 years of age or over;
- Of any age with a disability.
In addition, you will need to:
- Live in your own home or in rental housing;
- Hold a current Pensioner Concession Card. You may be required to show this card to a Burnie Brae representative;
- Be unable to undertake the work yourself or be at risk if you did attempt to do the work without assistance;
- Be unable to access other forms of subsidy e.g. services through:
- My Aged Care e.g. Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP); Home Care Package Program (HCP);
- Veterans Affairs;
- Qld Community Care
The NDIS & the Home Assist Secure Program
Following transition to the NDIS, services provided through Home Assist Secure remain available to NDIS participants.
Low level ad-hoc maintenance requests such as changing a light bulb would not be approved in a NDIS participant’s plan and therefore not funded, so Home Assist Secure could assist.
If you think you could fall into this category, please give us a call and we can discuss this further with you to establish your eligibility.
For more information contact us on (07) 3624 2121 or click to view our Fact Sheet