The Home Care Packages program supports people with complex needs to live independently in their own homes. It uses a consumer-directed care approach to ensure the support suits each person’s needs and goals.
Burnie Brae is an approved provider, delivering Level 1–4 packages.
Our experience in care services, combined with our passion for people, helps us provide the right services for you. Because the Home Care Package system can be confusing and stressful at times, we are always happy to assist you with navigating it.
We want to know what matters most to you
We will work with you to develop your care plan, ensuring it focuses on your personal goals, strengths, needs, preferences and the things that bring you joy.
We will also work closely with you to develop your individual budget to ensure you get the most out of your package funds and each care service is aligned to meet your individual goals.
A Home Care Package with Burnie Brae can provide you with:
- individualised care management or coordination, including a dedicated professional to help you get the most out of your package and care services
- help with personal care tasks, such as bathing, dressing, mobility and meal preparation
- in-home and community support services, including domestic cleaning and transport assistance
- community or home-based social support, including shopping, community and in-home companionship and supported access to the community
- access to our day respite, to experience activities, entertainment and outings tailored to your interests
- home maintenance services, such as basic lawn and garden care and other home maintenance tasks to keep you safe in your yard and home
- clinical care services provided by a qualified registered nurse or other allied health professionals, such as wound care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and medication management.
Home Care Package costs
We want to ensure you feel equipped to make the right choices about using your package, so your care and services are just right for you.
Before you make any decisions, we’ll clearly explain any fees associated with care and package management and costs of care.
You can choose to pay an extra basic daily care fee to increase your budget capacity.
We never charge any exit fees, should you wish to cancel or transfer your package.
- Arrange an assessment: Contact My Aged Care (on 1800 200 422), who will determine whether you need to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team in your area. They will visit you at home to determine the level of care that will best meet your needs.
- Income test: Have your income tested by Centrelink to determine whether or not you need to contribute financially towards your care.
- Await your package/funding allocation: Once assessed for care, there will be a waiting period before you receive your package and funding from the government. In the meantime, you will be placed on a government waitlist called the National Prioritisation System. Once you are allocated your package, you can begin using the funding for care services.
- Contact Burnie Brae: One of our experienced and qualified Home Care Package team members will meet with you (and anyone important to you) to discuss what matters most to you and any required paperwork to review.
- Start your services: Once you have reviewed the required paperwork, our team will match you with the most suitable support staff to help you achieve your goals. We’ll visit you to keep up with any changes and adjust your Care Plan and Home Care Individual Budget as needed.
You can find more information about our Home Care Packages here or on our Frequently Asked Questions page. Please click here for our full price list.
We know that deciding whether it’s time for a Home Care Package can feel overwhelming. That’s why we’re here.
Get in touch with one of our Home Care Package experts today on 07 3624 2121 to guide you through the package system and how best we can help.